Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oh, Man

This week as been tough but amazing all at the same time. It's kind of weird being on the other side of camp, as in, working for the camp rather than attending the camp. I love it though.

S0, since the last update, I've changed states. The Orange Team is now at LA Tech University. It's extremely different than High Point in good ways and bad ways. All I know about this place is....it's extremely humid here. But our load-in and set up took about a day and a half, and in between celebration and worship we tweak things. It's a lot of hard work and long hours to put this stuff together, but extremely rewarding to see the students open up and worship God.

Today was the first full day of camp. I woke up at 6:45 and had breakfast and went to morning devotional. Then we went to the worship center and had Celebration for the students to help them get woken up and ready for the day. There was some cool student interaction with the AT2AP drama team, some fun videos, awesome worship with David Walker, and a relatable message from Ed Newton. Then I went to a family group leadership meeting for youth ministers and then the the students had recreation time. The Production team worked on some stuff then I work on some cool things in the office. THEN! Get this...as much as I don't like ultimate frisbee, that was the free time option I had to lead today. And, it was a blessing. I enjoyed running around with the kids just playing ultimate and getting to know them. It was great. Then I had dinner and now I am currently backstage waiting for worship to begin.

So far I'm stoked to see what God is going to do in the lives of campers, student staffers, staff, and youth ministers/leaders. It's going to be thrilling. But this song has been resonating inside of me all day and I can't get enough of it even though I've known it for awhile:

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment