Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Time Has Come

Alright, so I haven't posted in quite awhile. Why? SL has been pretty busy I would say.

But the time has finally come when everyone is beginning to be exhausted, drained, tired, sick, vulnerable, on edge, and plenty more adjectives can fill in here _____. It's unfortunate, but I think it was bound to happen. The traveling for days at a time, nonstop load-ins and load-outs, and late nights of work really wear on you. And for myself, yes I'm exhausted. But I wouldn't change it for a second. Amidst the feeling of exhaustion, I know that God is working in the staff's lives as well as the students for sure. And I think it's nice to see His work and see where it is going.

Last week we had Todd Agnew and Matt Carter in the beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. They are 2 extremely open, vulnerable, and down to earth guys. They definitely brought it home in Estes Park. Estes Park has to be my favorite week so far (I know it's only the third week). But last week was fun. I got to move around to shadow lighting and at the same time see what was going on in the lives of students during services, work backstage, go out to rec, spend time with production, and plenty more. I loved it.

This week at Wake Forest University in my beautiful home state of North Carolina has just begun. So far its gone well, but there have been issues here and there, such as load in. Load in seemed chaotic since it was raining and we hit every problem possible. But, we pulled it together and got out at some time around 1am. Hopefully load out will go better?

One thing I learned just from today is that if someone scratches your back, you scratch theirs, if they bend over backwards for you, you should break your back for them. And, I'll admit, I haven't been doing that necessarily. But I will surely attempt it.

I know this update may seem pretty all-over-the-place...but it's an update. Peace be the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment