Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Compassion International

So, I finally sent my paper work in! I'm officially sponsoring this kid through Compassion International, a program that helps kids in poverty receive plenty of food, schooling, and hygiene education.

This little guy on the left is Marko Mataba Mabula. He is a 9 year old from the plains of Magu Town in Tanzania. He lives with his parents and 2 siblings! He carries water, runs errands, and helps in the kitchen for his family. He goes to church activities, reads his Bible, and his favorite activities are singing, art, and reading.
I'm pretty stoked about sponsoring him and writing letters back and forth, and maybe even getting to meet him one day. That would be awesome. If anyone wants to know, I can tell you the story of how little Marko got placed in my life, if you ask me. But, I think all of you should check out Compassion International and maybe even sponsor a child yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment