Thursday, June 24, 2010

Camp has been awesome this week. I've enjoyed my time being able to hop around and spend time with all of the departments. Family group leaders meeting every morning, production after that, recreation or missions and maybe a little office time, then dinner with the staff, the production again. I love the flexibility aspect of my job. It has enabled me to get an insight to what everyone else is going through on a daily basis.

However, frustration has risen once again. If everyone doesn't know, which you should, I get frustrated easily. With others, with things, and with myself. It's frustrating that I get so easily frustrated. It's like if i miss something even by a little bit, I beat myself up for it. Or if someone doesn't quite get a concept that seems so simple to me, I bite my tongue in frustration and just let them figure it out without making a comment. Or if someone is just rubbing me the wrong way I get agitated and brush it off. But I know there are times when I have to step up and say something without it being harsh but yet making a statement. Idk, it just happens. And I really need to work on having patience. Just simply, patience.

On another note, I've once again been reminded of something this week. I really need to give people the benefit of the doubt. I make assumptions and jump to conclusions when regarding people. It's not even like a judgmental thing, really. It's more of like...I just assume because I either know someone who looks, dresses, acts, talks like the person I'm assuming things about. And the person I'm comparing them to may have some kind of bad rep. I don't think I'm explaining this well. But either way, I just need to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm pretty stoked about going back to LA Tech. I don't know why either. Maybe it's because it's the only place that will seem familiar to me this summer. But, it will be a weird week too because after next week, we are halfway done with our summer. Uhhhh where has it gone? Oh well, I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment