Sunday, July 4, 2010

Teach the Teacher

So, it's been a week since I have updated. And a lot has happened in that one week.

I was blessed enough to be able to lead a Family Group with Kaitlyn this past week and it was awesome. It was the first time that I was actually able to interact with the campers on a regular basis and hear what is going on in their lives. I think at the same time it reminded me but also made me realize once again why we put on these camps. There is so much going on in the students lives that we have no idea about, and our ultimate goal is to help them know Christ. I just want to ask everyone to pray for the students that were in my family group this past week.

As for myself I really learned a lot. Once again God put it in front of my face that we, as the body, are His hands and feet. We only assist in His ministry and plant seeds, and Christ is the savior. There is nothing we can do to make people accept Christ. We are only assisting God in what He is doing in other's lives. Therefore, we must understand that God is the one who saves, not us.

I also really learned that I must be confident in teaching and ministering to others. God is my rock and support through it all therefore I have nothing to worry about. This week I felt really burdened that I missed it and didn't explain a few of the studies right. But as the week progressed God really showed me that yes I was doing it right and that He was working through me.

Last but, definitely not least, I was reminded once again that God works through many for the same purpose. Whether it be the flow of different scriptures being brought to a student, the repetition of prayers or words being said, or whatever else.... "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Rushed, I know, but I gotta go. There is no telling what I will learn this week but I'm extremely excited to see what God has in store for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment