Monday, July 12, 2010

Awakening

Man, I feel like it's been forever since I posted last....and I really think I say that every time I post.

Lets set Student Life aside on this one.

So, slowly but surely I have been going through the book of Acts. I've been learning what the first churches were like and what the apostles/disciples did after Jesus' death. For some reason for the past 3-4 days I have been hung up on chapter 2. If you read it, you may understand why. It's frustrating to get caught up in but joyful at the same time. I can feel myself digging for the understanding. Aching to know what God is trying to tell me. Desiring to know how the Holy Spirit works every time it is mentioned in this chapter.

It started with the whole speaking in tongues thing. But the beginning of this chapter has brought maybe...a change of heart? For some reason I really think that possibly everyone has there own "language" with God. Not like "blah howp glahboo pa" speaking in tongues stuff, but the type of language where you speak to God and God speaks to you in one specific way that may be stronger than others? I'm confused by that myself. For instance...some people communicate with God through his creation. God may speak to them through His creations and that person may speak to God through their joy and admiration of that creation. Or through things like, music, watching other people, being still, screaming to the top of their lungs, singing, dancing, acting, running/walking. Whatever it may be, I feel like everyone has some different type of strong line of communication with God. Then there's the real speaking in tongues. That maybe through the power of the Holy Spirit you can share the gospel with someone who speaks a different language than you, but they still understand it and hear it in their own language. I have no idea.

I got caught up and really excited on Acts 2:40 "And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation." ....People wonder why the world is so messed up, why things are unfair, and why so much nonsense occurs. But they just sit back and take it on because they feel like thats just the way the world works. No, we are told to save ourselves [through Christ] FROM this crooked generation. Like, don't just be a part of the generation or let it really affect you. Save yourself from it. Blatantly, the Bible is calling us to salvation. AGH! Why don't people get it?

And the last thing that really spoke out to me, which was my prayer after reading this was verses 42-47 under the title, "The Fellowship of the Believers". It's talking about the way christians act. Ironic, no. It explains the way the disciples acted and lived, and how that left people in awe. They didn't get it. However their lifestyle and the joy that the Holy Spirit gave them confused people. But better than that, it made people come to Christ. It added to God's numbers. It created believers. I just pray that my way of life and the words I speak, and the moves I make will leave people in awe. Not leave people in awe of me. But leave people confused, blank, aloof, dumbfounded. Leaving them empty so that they may approach me to ask me what I am filled with. Is it a "new wine" or something else. That something else, my friend, is the Holy Spirit. And then, may one accept Christ because of Christ in me.

PTL.

No comments:

Post a Comment