Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Beginning: I'm Blind

Alright! Soooo, the beginning of my Student Life adventure this summer.

Well I never thought I would say that I have had to wake up at the time I usually go to sleep. On this fine morning I had to wake up at 3:30 in order to make my 6:00 flight from Raleigh, NC to Charlotte, NC. Wooo! First time flying alone was weird. So me and my dad got to the airport and I had to check my bags...the most confusing thing ever. We said our goodbyes, and I went through security and then to sit at my gate. I was pretty nervous, not gunna lie. After we boarded the plane and took off it was a rough ride. We flew threw clouds, wind, rain, fog...everything. I was nervous...but the girl sitting across the aisle from me was freaking out. Hah.

So now I'm at a Starbucks (ahhhh) at the Charlotte airport...blogging. I'm so stoked to fly out to Birmingham! I've never been off of the east coast in my entire life so it's going to be weird traveling around. I have no idea what to expect when I get to the Student Life headquarters...I have no idea how many people I will meet...and I have no idea exactly what I will be doing today. All I know is that I'm going into this thing blind, but I'm so ready for it. I just pray the God would move in a mighty way this summer and change the lives of many. I'm so excited to see what is in store.

Keep Orange Team '10 and the rest of Student Life as well as the campers in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment: